Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

Nutri-Health Products

Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Puritan's Pride

LivLong The Ultimate Anti-aging Product

SeaChange Now Offers Life Extension Products

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Therapy

Default Second Therapy

As many of you know, I had autologous stem cell therapy performed in Nevada in February of this year. My primary indication of improvement is the time I am able to walk (leisurely, without supplemental oxygen) before my O2 level drops below 95. That time was just a matter of 2-3 minutes to begin, but, in the middle of May, I had reached 45 minutes. In addition, my recovery time back to 95 was usually under 30 seconds, and my recovery to 97 was under one minute (again without supplemental oxygen).

Unfortunately, life isn't always simple and smooth. Toward the end of May, I started having severe dizzy spells (due to a form of vertigo, and unrelated to my lung problems), and I either could not do the walking at all, or I had to stop before my O2 levels dropped. It took me a long time to get over the dizziness and start the regimen again. Nonetheless, when I was able to finish my walks, my recovery times stayed short.

I wanted to have a full set of PFT's performed to verify that my lung function was actually improving; but I had to cancel my appointment with the local VA doctor, because my father was hospitalized. Perhaps I tried to do too much during that time, or I was exposed to sick people in the hospital, for I had an exacerbation of bronchitis that lasted longer than usual. I have begun walking again, and my last walk was over 35 minutes before my levels got to 94; recovery time to 97 was less than a minute.

I went to the local VA doctor today, and he was, in a word, surprised. Pleasantly so, however; as he told me that today was the first time that he had been able to hear my lungs move air. He also said that he heard no other noises, such as wheezing, and that my lungs were as clear as he had heard in the past 5 years. He then ordered new PFT's to be performed in September.

Since it has been 6 months since my first therapy, I am traveling later this week to Nevada to have a second therapy performed next week. It is my feeling that my long-term use of StemTrition (since October, 2008) and the autologous therapy done in February are the reasons for my improvement, and I expect that another therapy session will result in further improvement, which will be confirmed or not within the next six weeks or so.

JC

Blog Entries

J C - Good to hear from you. No one else is performing quite like you. You have used Stemtrition a long time. I have too, but I could no more go for a walk like you can then fly and I had 3 treatments plus others prior to that. It will be nice to know what your PFT's show. I do feel that Daliresp has kept me bronchitis free. Keep up the good work.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Default Daliresp

I discussed Daliresp with the VA doctor. It has not been approved by the VA yet, but he might prescribe it for me out of the system. Fortunately, my wife's insurance does cover it (albeit with a $45/month co-pay). We are going to wait until after my PFT's are performed, so that only the stem cell therapy will be the cause for any improvement or regression.

Default Stemtrition

I have just started taking this product. Jc and Barbara what are the dosages you have worked up to and take on a daily basis?

Blog Entries

Default Stemtrition

RichardN - You should not exceed 5 capsules per day. For children under 13, 1 capsule per day is the maximum recommended dosage. I take 3 capsules per day. My dogs and horses also take Stemtrition and they do very well on it as does my husband. The manufacturer recommends that you work up to the 5 capsules slowly. Start with one and then add additional capsules every 2-4 weeks if you wish.

It is best to take Stemtrition in the morning before breakfast on an empty stomach. If you have trouble doing that, take it with a piece of toast.

This product is not going to be like drinking a Red Bull, but there are good reported results from those that use it. It was also tested for 2 years in a human protocol and also has been tested in equines. Children with cerebral palsy have responded well and JC seems to feel it has helped him. I have noticed a difference in my pets for sure. For me, I take it for insurance.

DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED DOSAGE however.

Anyone that wishes to order this product can do so here:

http://www.seachangeforlife.com/Stemtrition_s/39.htm

Barbara

Default StemTrition

During the initial study for the product (it was called Stem Cell Advance at the time), I increased my dosage very gradually over a period of months, until I was taking 6 capsules per day. I have reduced that amount and I'm now taking 4 capsules per day. As Barb suggested, I take all four the first thing in the morning, before any other medications, except for my inhaler.

Jc how long did you maintain the dosage of 6/day before reducing down to four?
    I think the fact that you were on this product for so long may have increased the benefit you seemed to have gotten from the stem cell therapy.

Default StemTrition

I was taking 6 capsules per day for well over a year - I reduced my intake to 4 capsules earlier this year. I think that taking it for so long increased the benefits of actual stem cell therapy, as well.

I wish that I could have had a stem cell count taken before and during the study; then another count right before and after having stem cell therapy.

Blog Entries

Without having stem cell counts before and after there is no way to know if the additional capsules helped or not or if it is the actual duration or neither of these things. Some people just may respond better than others. There is no proof at all that mega doses help, so at this point, outside of a study that is closely physician monitored, patients should not exceed the recommended maximum dosage.

I have taken Stemtrition longer than JC and my stem cell treatments have never given me the ability to do what he is doing, especially after only one treatment. I guess we are all different and respond differently.

Barbara

Default StemTrition Dose Levels

Hi, y'all....

Regarding the dose level of StemTrition (a.k.a. Stem Cell Advance); I've been on 5 capsules daily since July 2009, along with three 81mg tabs of enteric aspirin. This was at the suggestion of the Stem Cell Consultant at that time...

Barbara, et al, what's the justification for no more than 4 daily? I'm getting a bit concerned since reading this; maybe I should cut back to 4 capsules per day?

JC: What was the reason you went from 6 to 4 per day?

Robert