Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

Nutri-Health Products

Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Puritan's Pride

LivLong The Ultimate Anti-aging Product

SeaChange Now Offers Life Extension Products

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inhaled Glutathione part of protocol for stem cell study

Blog Entries

Default Inhaled Glutathione part of protocol for stem cell study

Update 2/20/2014 Dr. Grossman is now conducting a clinical study under an IRB using adipose derived stem cells. Inhaled glutathione is part of the protocol. The same contact information can be used for him if you wish to inquire about this.

Dr. Terry Grossman MD is the founder and medical director of Frontier Medical Institute in Lakewood Colorado. I met with him today and was very

Call (303) 233-4247 or toll-free (877) 548-4387 for more information.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Thanks for posting this Barbara! I've already made an appointment with Dr. Grossman. We talked to my husband's pulmonologist last Friday, and he wouldn't even discuss the inhaled glutathione - said he didn't know anything about it, and wasn't comfortable prescribing it. He wouldn't even look into it.

Is apothecure the best/cheapest place to get it?

Has anyone been able to get their insurance company to pay for glutatione?

Thanks, Lisa

Blog Entries

Dr. Grossman also told me of another pharmacy in Colorado Springs that sells liquid glutathione. I will get more information on it as well. The problem with so many doctors is that they have their heads in the sand. They don't even want to look into anything that is outside their current drug regimens that they give patients. There is a lot of published information about glutathione. As patients and caregivers, it really comes down to taking the bull by the horns and being proactive in our own treatments. Your husband is lucky you are there to help him.

Barbara

Blog Entries

Default Message from Dr. Grossman

I want to thank Dr. Grossman for offering this to patients. I did tell Dr. Grossman that some patients may experience great difficulty when they initially begin inhaling glutathione. I have talked to several people that said they gave it up after trying it for a few days or a week as it made them feel very uncomfortable. I will tell you that persevering has paid off in my case. I do not have the difficulties I had when I first started to use it. These include shortness of breath during and after inhalation, coughing, sputtering and an inability to nebulize consistently for 10 minutes. In other words, complete misery. It took me a few weeks to work up to being able to sail through 10 minutes of nebulizing and not to feel any sob afterward. Dr. Grossman recommends that patients may want to start off with half dosages and work their way up which I think is excellent advice. There are numerous studies that have indicated that glutathione can benefit lung patients. I know it has helped me a lot.

Dr. Grossman's message

Hi Barbara,

I did a bit of research in response to your email below and discovered that Apothecure has inhaled glutathione at substantially better prices than College Pharmacy.

Apothecure provides 800 mg vials of glutathione (4 x 200 mg doses) for $6.02 each, so each dose is $1.50. Most people will use one or two 200 mg doses per day.

A prescription for 40 doses (it is supplied in 10 x 4 dose vials) will cost $60.20. To save on overnight shipping (which is how it is sent and runs $30), I suggest that most people get at least 80 doses at a time. It has a 6 month expiration date.

If they use it once/day it will last 80 days and twice/day - 40 days.

The initial consult with my office is $150 and includes 30 minutes of practitioner time as well as a discussion of the patient's condition, diagnosis and medical history, instruction in how to use the glutathione as well as recommendations for other things patients can do to help treat chronic lung disease including diet, supplements and available stem cell therapies.

Dr. Terry Grossman

Barbara

My husband has his phone conference with Dr. Grossman yesterday. He got his perscription for inhaled glutathione. Yipee! It should arrive tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it goes. He is going to take it very slow at first, so it may be a few weeks before I have anything to report.

Lisa

Blog Entries

Good to hear that it all went smoothly. The key is to take it slow and easy and not to get frustrated.

Barbara

Default Doing well on glutathione

My husband has been doing the inhaled glutathione for about 4 1/2 weeks, and it seems to be helping! He started out on 1/2 doses, and now he does two 200mg doses per day. He didn't have that much trouble getting used to it. Usually about midway through, he has to stop and cough up mucus, but it doesn't really bother him. Now, he has a productive cough whereas before it was very difficult to cough anything up! My husband has a lot of trouble with mucus and inflammation, so we're hoping this will prevent all the recurrent infections he's had in the last year. He also started taking N-Acetyl Cysteine, Vit D, turmeric, and stem cell advance. He's feeling better!

Lisa

Blog Entries

I've been using glutathione for the past 6 months and I have to say it's the best thing I've ever used to clear mucus. There are times after I nebulize that I am short of breath, but I use my inhaler and I'm fine.

The smell can turn off some people as well, but I believe it has helped me to have less congestion which results in better breathing.

The biggest problem with glutathione is its very short shelf life. It must be refrigerated at all times and even then it goes bad (has a different smell) after about 3 months in the fridge. SO if you do order the glutathione only order a 3 month supply each time.
    Still Pioneering
    Had UC treatment April 5th, 2007
    Had autologous treatment March 19, 2010
    Had bone marrow and adipose stem cell treatment (autologous) June 16, 2010

Blog Entries

Great news Lisa. If your husband can eliminate exacerbations, this is a great battle won. I started to feel the effects of the inhaled glutathione after about a month of using it as well. Some people give up after a few times or a week. I think if one can persevere that the benefits are well worth it.

He probably does not need to take mega doses of NAC since it is a precursor for glutathione. I would take it in the middle of the day or at some point where he has not just nebulized the glutathione.

How much Vitamin D is he taking?

Barbara

Barbara, he's taking 6,000 IU of vitamin D. He's taking 1200 mg NAC. Do you think that is enough? I'll tell him to take the NAC in the middle of the day.

Thanks, Lisa