Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

Nutri-Health Products

Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Puritan's Pride

LivLong The Ultimate Anti-aging Product

SeaChange Now Offers Life Extension Products

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droctor Diaz

Default Droctor Diaz

I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) about 2 years ago. Pulmonologist #1 said ?Bad news, no treatment, you are too old (64) for a transplant.? Pulmonologist #2 was a little more optimistic ? transplant is possible & new drug (perfenidone) may be approved in a year or so.

Lung transplant does not seem like a viable option because of lung availability, long waits, high cost, and generally poor outcomes. The drug may or may not do any good & may or may not be affordable.

I have been told about Dr. Jose Diaz Barboza in Algodones, Mexico. Most information I can find is positive, but I can?t find too much. In fact, I have not been able to find any contact information for Dr. Diaz.

Does anyone have any contact information, experience, details, etc on Dr. Diaz?

Blog Entries

I swear the pulmonary doctors are all ill informed. If you have no other health issues you can have a transplant up to the age of 65 although I am not encouraging you to have one, but so you know it's not too late for you.

I often wonder why they bothered to become pulmonologists seeing there is nothing they can do for COPD either. I would be awfully depressed I was one and couldn't do anything other than prescribe drugs.
    Still Pioneering
    Had UC treatment April 5th, 2007
    Had autologous treatment March 19, 2010
    Had bone marrow and adipose stem cell treatment (autologous) June 16, 2010

Default IPF, Stem Cell

Thank you for your prompt response. I agree about the lack of 'give a care' of the general medical profession and pulmonologists in dealing with disease and health issues that don't require a bandage or other obvious fixes. 'Remove it' or 'we've got a pill for that' seems to be the only diagnosis result. In lung issues the preponderance of treatment seems to be to run more tests for function, but when there is no treatment available, what purpose other than monetary do the tests serve in the practical patient benefit?

Actually, I am now almost 67 but Loyola University still takes transplant 'customers' beyond what Mayo and others will do. I still do not feel this is a route I want to pursue due to many factors. I am in excellent health except for the IPF and am on no medications for anything. I take enzymes for the scar tissue and that has done amazing things to improve my breathing and overall well being. Dr. Diaz may or may not be an answer for IPF, it seems he is very successful in sheep stem cell treatment for emphysema. I would just like to get contact info for him or patients of his to obtain more information. We live 1800 miles from his clinic location (according to what info we have been able to find) and so need to have more facts before we jump in the car and drive to the office.

Default Dr Jose Diaz

If you google Dr Jose Diaz Barboza Los Algdones Mexico web site's come up for him also a new's story about his clinic,from what I understand there is no appointment just wait in line, live sheep or horse cell's cost around $900.00
    (nine hundred) Dr Steenblock told me about him

Blog Entries

Nancy

For what it's worth, I found this article a man wrote about his family's experiences with Dr Diaz.

http://www.albergstein.com/page3/fil...mcelltrip1.pdf

If he's charging as much as what is claimed in this article I would look to find a different clinic.
    Still Pioneering
    Had UC treatment April 5th, 2007
    Had autologous treatment March 19, 2010
    Had bone marrow and adipose stem cell treatment (autologous) June 16, 2010

Blog Entries

I would NEVER recommend that anyone get live (sheep or other animal) cell treatment from Dr. Diaz or any other doctor. It is a short term fix if you get any relief at all and it can be dangerous. You need to start checking out legitimate forms of stem cell therapy. Many companies are treating IPF. You do not wait in line at a legitimate clinic. You send your medical records, you consult with the doctor or patient liason, you ask and get answers to a multitude of questions you should have and you should expect to pay more than $900.00. There are disreputable stem cell clinics as well, so do your homework and research the companies that interest you thoroughly. Many reputable companies participate in this forum and that should give you a good start. We do not endorse any clinics or doctors, however, we are quick to red flag or provide warnings against any that do not provide good patient care and do not have documentation of some success in their treatments. Patient safety is always the number one concern in my opinion and many clinics get failing marks in that category. Keep in mind that stem cell therapy is in its infancy and there is no guarantee that it can help with your condition. Personally, I know it has saved my life.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Default Dr Diaz

I didn't say Dr Steenblock recommend Dr Diaz,he just told me about him,I would be to afraid of infection and such

Blog Entries

I didn't read your post as saying that Dr. Steenblock recommended live cell treatment. I'm with you - I would not want to risk this type of treatment for such short and fleeting results.

Barbara

I have been to see Dr. Diaz twice for analagous stem cells(lamb) to treat my MS. The first time, I was in the midst of a huge flare and the treatment worked very well, my sight had returned in 6 weeks as per Diaz' prediction. I also did hyperbarric oxygen and DMPS infusions for mercury in my system. It seemed to me that folks wth breathing problems were in and out with much relief. Many had been coming for years. He never claims to cure anybody, but does make life easier for many. I live in Alaska, so the journey is a bit daunting. I have read a couple scientific papers authored by Dr. Diaz, mostly on hyperbaric oxygen, and it has been years, but he is a very respected practioner in his field, if a little unorthadox. I think the biggest worry I would have going now would be all of the trouble happening at the border right now! Good luck!

Blog Entries

Dr. Diaz does have a following, I agree. Most patients that try this treatment find that with each subsequent treatment the effects are less and less and that they need treatment more frequently than they did between the first and second treatment. I personally, would never get live cell treatment, but for those that wish to, that is certainly their choice. I am glad you received a positive benefit from it, but I think the disadvantages for most outweigh the advantages. Thank you for posting however. It is good to hear from someone who did have an improvement such as yours.

Barbara