PDA

View Full Version : Asking help from people with Dialated Cardiomyopathy or knowledge of the field.

Clef
05-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Hello,

I have been glued to the forums reading pages and pages since yesterday. This is really a wonderful place to attain new and slightly unbiased opinions.

I'd really like to talk to people who have treated dialated cardiomyopathy with stem cells. More importantly I'd like to know what kind of stem cells seem to show the most promise in treating it.

Currently I am looking at 3 kinds of stem cells. Blood, Bone Marrow, & Umbilical. These 3 seem to have shown the most promise from my research so far. From what I gather most people here have had the Blood stem cells, either from Theravitae or Dr. Grekos. Has anyone heard or actually recieved umbilical cells?

I know there are many company's that are performing stem cells overseas and I am very accustomed to recieving treatment overseas as someone with no insurance. Obviously affordable and effective are important factors for me to consider.

Vescell.com
regenocyte.com
cellmedicine.com

These are the 3 I am currently looking at but would love to get more input and ideals(esp considering the first 2 are quite expensive). I am open to alternatives of course!

Thank you for your time and look forward to hearding from everyone.

Edit: A little bit more about me. I am a 28 yr old male with an EF of 30%

There are no guarantees in life but if you don't pursue a chance you'll never have any results.

barbara
05-28-2012, 01:43 PM
I would look in the Ask the Doctor section for more ideas about clinics and treatments. I have had umbilical cord stem cell treatment, but I have COPD. Dr. Grekos has had his ups and downs. I am not sure if he currently is able to treat anyone having had his license suspended after the death of another patient.

My most recent treatment was at Stem Cell Regen Med from Dr. Feinerman. For me, it has been the best treatment I have ever had, but I do not have the same condition as you. The reason I bring it up is that I am more familiar with the treatments he is doing at the moment than I am with Regenocyte for instance. For cardiomyopathy he uses either peripheral blood or marrow stem cells and he also uses umbilical cord stem cell precursors which is something it sounds like you are interested in. I do not know how many patients he has treated or the results however. I have had treatments in the past using just peripheral blood stem cells and they did nothing for me. Dr. Feinerman's combination approach I believe is what has given me such good results. Every patient is different however, so keep that in mind when you hear testimonials.

Personally, if I was you, before I spent tens of thousands of dollars, I would do more research. Expensive treatment is not necessarily a measurement of success. I do hope you will keep in touch so we know where your search leads you.

Clef
05-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I am definetly always researching and am glad to hear you have had positive results. I did read about the death of patients though they didn't really seem to be of a direct result of stem cells or the procedure I understand media likes to put a spin on things from time to time. Doctors lose patients all the time but when a doctor who also is circumventing FDA regulations to perform stem cell therapies loses a patient it is a different matter.
However I have also had my doubts regarding him, not because of anything reported by media but merely that he was only mimicking a procedure he saw overseas while trying to make adjustments.

I noticed that Dr. Feinerman is also located in Florida, is there any cooperation between Grekos and him?

I was also enticed by combination stem cell therapy. Even though I have not experimented with stem cells as you have I believe combination just makes sense. It is was lead me to cellmedicine.com but for my particular problem they claim umbilical are best. While some say bone marrow... I combination of both would seem smartest.

What options do I have as far as reliable low cost clinics? I read a good portion of the talk to doctors but their opinions should be incredibly biased as should any physicians opinion. It woudl be unprofessional for them to reccomend something they do not have experience with. Patinets will always be more open an honost.

barbara
05-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Dr. Feinerman has no connection with Dr. Grekos. You need to be careful as some clinics have employees that pose as patients. I don't have a lot of faith in testimonials quite frankly. Decide on the type of stem cell therapy you want and then look for a clinic that uses that type of stem cell. I would do more reading on the scientific side as well. Do not be afraid to write to researchers. Most of them are kind enough to reply. They all have their biases, but gathering as much information as you can will help you make a better informed decision. I am sure you don't need me to tell you that.

I believe that some clinics are overcharging and not by just a little. There can be a great deal of profit in stem cell therapy and some take advantage of it knowing how desperately ill patients are. Remember, when you sign an informed consent for experimental treatment or go offshore, your options are very limited if something should go wrong. Be very careful.

Clef
06-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Would you be able to reccomend some of the top clinics I could reach out too?

I have already emailed and spoke over the phone with the ones I listed. A Don Margolis provided me with a lot of information from some clinics but I am a salesman and business owner and I know a salesman when I am talking to one. I heard about something regarding stem cell advancement and being allowed in Texas recently. Maybe it is worth a look

barbara
06-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Clef - Don is a broker. He does receive commissions from doctors/clinics and arranges the treatments for patients.

The Texas Medical Board recently ruled that adult stem cell treatments will be allowed to be performed in Texas under the guidance of IRB's. (Investigational Review Boards). This doesn't mean that it will actually happen, because the federal government trumps state government, however, I am optimistic that Texas will prevail.

As far as "top" stem cell clinics, there is so much difference in patient outcome and so many different conditions being treated at many clinics, that I would be hard pressed to be able to state what clinics I think are top clinics. What makes a top stem cell clinic? Safety, efficacy, affordability?

You might try contacting Dr. Amit Patel. He has been very kind in participating in this forum. I would think he might be able to give you information as to what type of stem cell treatment might give you the best outcome. You can let him know that you are a member of this forum if you like. Here is some information on where he works and also some Q and A's from when he hosted Ask the Doctor. He is well known in the scientific community.

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/showthread.php?t=5618

Clef
06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I've emailed him and hope to hear back from him.