PDA

View Full Version : Old age and death as a rumor!

Buddy74
03-12-2012, 02:53 PM
When I was young old age and death was only a rumor. I was running with the joy of life for my High School football team and the breezes coming from the ocean and the wispy feel of the salt water caressed my body as I swam for practice and exercise when I spent my summers as a life guard during College. The girls were gorgeous and the parties were fun, filled with the vigor and joy of youth. My time spent serving as a navy pilot was exhilarating. Night landings, in weather, on a moving 6 story island in the middle of the ocean doing 32 knots into the wind was a great challenge but not a lot of fun but it was a "rush". Danger was always the knot you felt in your stomach until the tail hook engaged and you throttled back and the elation that came with each of your 135 carrier landings was quite wonderful. You survived all that and old age and death were just a whisper in the shadow your mind, that was for other people.
You work hard and raise a wonderful family and suddenly you find you can't do some of the things as well as you used to do. The pick-up basketball games, the skiing with your family. Your slowing down with so many things on your mind, the welfare of your family and College for the kids. Then one day like a steaming locomotive you find out that you have grown old and are lucky to do so. Then your once healthy life disappears as you healthy heart falters. A disciplined life does not make up for a life of stress and the desire to achieve. Love, family, friendships, and achievement were always the goal!
Well Older age has happened much too quickly and death for me is now no longer a rumor.
I had stem cells implanted in the summer of 2009 and I believe they did help me to a degree and I am not sorry I travelled to Santo Domingo for my treatment. Dr. Grekos and his staff did all they could for me and I have no doubts about that. I didn't expect a miracle. A couple of months ago my heart "crashed" and the cardiologist was surprised I did not Expire at that time. My EJ is less than 10. I am attached to an infusion pump with a drip going directly into my heart using a medicine known as "Miralone" which forces my heart to contract and pump at a higher pace. I am told it will shorten my life but will make my breathing better and end of life situation easier. It isn't much fun and my outside activity is not to be. But now that life is leaving me and the spectre of death is a constant companion. I really have no fear. I am happy with the life I have lived. The family I have helped raise and the love of my wonderful beautiful Carol.
It has been a good life but we are only here on a pass. I do wish all of you on this board well as you face many more challenges than I have faced as I have grown older. Old age and death is not just a rumor it a fact of the life we live and the world we live in. Don't be afraid..live your life and may God Bless you all.
Best Bud

barbara
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Buddy74 - I am sorry to hear you are not doing well. Thank you for your good wishes to all on this forum. You are a true pioneer.

Vancouverman
03-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Dearest buddy,
it breaks my heart when I read your lines. How old are you ? why do you have this heart disease ?

Save your money, and invest it in real cardiac stem cell therapy. I am talking about stem cells taken from the heart, expanded in the lab, and then reinjected. That would improve Ejection Fraction. And repair heart. As far as I know there is a company in the US now involved in bringing this to the market soon, I forgot the name, I will try to find it ...

In cardiac stem cells they are much more advanced than in pulmonary stuff. There is already scientific evidence.
yours franz