PDA

View Full Version : 1 year post-Stroke: best cells clinics

stemcellsknight
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi to all.
I wonder why we haven't got an appropriate section for Stroke.
I'll post here anyway.

I am nearly 1 year post stroke and my symptoms haven't improved yet in spite of all the rehab hours.
I had an haemorrhagic brainstem stroke (to the midbrain, to be more precise) last July.
It was due to an arterio-venous malformation which suddenly and spontaneously burst.
From what I read here and there I am fortunate to have only a one-side lockup (I have a strong spasticity to right limbs, and tremors to the right hand).
It could have been yet worse, but consider I was only 29 at the time of the accident.

My question is: do I have any chance of regaining function by means of a stem cell therapy at this time?
If I ought to try, what clinic would you suggest?
Many thanks in advance.

barbara
04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
If enough stroke patients start posting, we can create a category for you. I will ask the opinion of a couple of doctors that help out on this forum and let you know what they say. Not all clinics treat all diseases or conditions, but before worrying about a clinic, the important thing would be to see if your condition might improve with stem cell therapy.

stemcellsknight
04-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Thank you very much, Barbara.
Hope to see some good news in the near future.
If you know or have been in contact with someone who had both stroke and a cellular therapy, please share your experiences!

barbara
04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Yes, you do have a chance of regaining function is the word I received. It was felt that progress might be slow and you would need to continue your therapy for best results.

stemcellsknight
04-29-2011, 02:52 AM
And what clinic(s) would you suggest to get the treatment?

barbara
04-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I will send you the resource list of clinics that patients have had some success with and that have a minimum amount of complaints about their services. Keep in mind, we do not endorse any clinic or doctor, but do maintain a list of those that patients have given positive reports on.