PDA

View Full Version : Bioheart to open centers in Jordon and Turkey

Kaye
06-02-2010, 12:58 PM
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100529/Bioheart-to-establish-two-Centers-of-Excellence-to-provide-cell-therapy-procedures-for-patients-with-CHF-PAD.aspx

Jeannine
06-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I liked how they said the physicians were comparable to American physicians. They should have added who are unable to perform this treatment in the US. Makes me boiling mad that seriously ill people are forced to trek half way around the world to receive a treatment that should be available here. The trip places people in more danger than the treatment would. Good grief.

I am gald to hear that treatment is available somewhere on thie planet.

barbara
06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Unfortunately, Bioheart is not wanting to spread their wings in a manner that would help more patients. They want to keep their TGI1200 device strictly for use in cardiac treatments. It seems like even the companies that have new technology are denying it to so many. It all goes back to the FDA. They want their device approved in the U.S. so in order to do that, must follow a strict path that helps only a few.

It is truly sad that so many of us who live in countries that care more about catering to Big Pharma and regulatory agencies are simply ignored. Companies and researchers could do their part to try to dispense with some of the overkill, but in their own battle for profit, recognition, or whatever it is they seek, they too play along with this tired old game the FDA has devised.

It is definitely a lose-lose situation for patients.