06-07-2009, 02:38 PM
SeaChange Therapeutics, Inc.
Our Biggest Summer Sale Yet!
As a thank you to our loyal customers and forum members, we are offering a $10.00 discount on our most popular products!
Colostrum Powder and Colostrum Liquid - Boosts your immune system. The choice of many of our U.S. Olympians
Power Lung -- Use the Power Lung twice a day for 3 minutes to reduce shortness of breath and wheezing. Recommended for people with COPD.
Two bottles of Stem Cell Advance (90 capsules) - May stimulate healing throughout your entire body and is recommended for many types of conditions and illnesses.
Colloidal Silver (20 PPM) - How does silver compare with antibiotics for infectious diseases?
View the chart on our website that compares the qualities of the two as reported by medical researchers and users.
To take advantage of these Summer Sale Prices, type SUMMER in the coupon code box at checkout. Offer expires on July 7th.
Thank you for your continued support.
Barb and Jeannine
SeaChange Therapeutics, Inc.
06-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Here are some Q and A's provided to us by the consultant that helps with the Stem Cell Advance Treatment Protocol.
1. What are the main components of Stem Cell Advance? The main component of Stem Cell Advance (SCA) is a blue-green algae, Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA)1, that mobilizes connective t issue-resident autologous pluripotent stem cells into the peripheral vasculature in an increasing dose-response manner, in situ2. Mobilized3 (injected) pluripotent stem cells retain a peculiar characteristic in that they home to sites of damage and repair the damaged cells and tissues4, including damaged neuronal tissues within a rodent Parkinson model5.
What is AFA?
Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) is a non-toxic type of20blue-green algae often used as a health supplement for certain nutritional deficiencies or to increase alertness and focus. The category ?blue-green algae? is a misnomer as the algae is not a plant at all but part of the cyanobacteria phylum. AFA grows throughout the world but is currently only harvested in Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon in the Pacific Northwest. Klamath Lake?s diversity of microorganisms (microflora and microfauna) enable Aphanizomenon flos-aquae to utilize minerals and compounds often chemically unavailable. For example, some microorganisms process inorganic sulfur into organic sulfur. Once those cells die the organic form of sulfur is available for Aphanizomenon flos-aquae to make into amino acids like Cystine and Methionine. Other microorganisms convert vast amounts of magnesium, a vital component of chlorop hyll, into is organic form. Although Aphanizomenon flos-aquae can utilize magnesium on its own, the excess magnesium in the ecosystem helps Aphanizomenon flos-aquae attain one of the highest chlorophyll concentrations of any food, five times more than spinach and ten times more th an broccoli. This is a key component for the Aphanizomenon flos-aquae industry. A recent report funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) affirms almost 70% of Americans fail to meet their recommended daily intake of magnesium6. Additionally, one of the most common magnesium supplements, magnesium oxide, is the least bio-available. If you take 100% of your recommended daily intake in magnesium oxide form, you will only absorb 4%, leaving you 96% deficient7. The Aphanizomenon flos-aquae and other natural supp lement industries cite that poor bio-availability ?is common with supplements that are not derived from balanced ecosystems? and are instead mined from the earth or refined from laboratories... Furthermore, extensive studies on modern diet and nutrition show deficiencies in many of the important factors to maintain health and well being. It is imperative to have the bio-available minerals and nutrients that foods from balanced ecosystems offer. Magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium are just a few of the ions with increased bio-availability in Klamath Lake?s ecosystem8.
2. Can you please explain the science behind the product? The science behind the product is multi-fold. In 20019,10 Dr. Young et al. published the isolation and cloning of adult-derived mesodermal stem cells from the connective tissue stroma of multiple organs in animals and humans. He demonstrated that a clonal population of these cells would only form cell types of mesodermal origin, such as cartilage, bone, fat, connective tissue, scar tissue (fibrosis), endothelial cells, skeletal muscle, smooth muscle, cardiac muscle, and hematopoietic (blood) cells. In 2 00411 Dr. Young et al. reported the isolation and cloning of adult-derived epiblastic-like stem cells (one form of pluripotent stem cells) from the connective tissue stroma of multiple organs in animals and humans. He demonstrated that a clonal population of these cells was capable of forming every cell of the body. In 200512 Drs. Young and Black published the isolation, cloning, and characterization of multiple forms of pluripotent stem cells that could be isolated as autologous populations of undifferentiated pluripotent stem cells from the patients themselves and in culture would form every cell type in the body. However, when injected into an animal the cells would home to damaged tissue sites and only replace the damaged tissues 4,5,11.
In 200713 Jensen et al. published an article that AFA would stimulate the mobilization of 30% of CD34+ hematopoietic cells from the bone marrow into the peripheral circulation.
Shortly thereafter, we tested AFA and found that it would20increase the number of circulating quiescent pluripotent stem cells by > 90% into the peripheral vasculature.
Do your test confirm that AFA stimulates or mobilises our own pluripotent stem cells? We have tested this hypothesis once thus far (see above). However, there are two companies that sell A FA as a product to stimulate adult stem cells. We are testing the AFA from both companies in a side-by-side triple-blind placebo-controlled study with normal volunteers, to determine the following. 1) We need to verify that AFA, from either company, will stimulate the mobilization of pluripotent stem cells into the peripheral vasculature. 2) We need to determine the percent mobilization of the pluripotent stem cells for each product examined. 3) We need to determine which company?s product will produce the results we need to repair, heal, and regenerate new biologically-active cells, tissues, and organs for replacement therapies.
3. Are there any known side effects or contradictions?
Schaffer et al... 1 stated that there were no known side effects to using AFA. However, AFA contains a significant amount of Vitamin-K. Therefore, anyone using Coumadin (Warfarin) as an anti-coagulant should not use AFA because the Vitamin-K will negate the effects of the Coumadin (but they will need to weigh benefits versus risks with their own physician).
1. Schaffer et al.,Ecotoxicology Environmental Safety 44:73-80, 1999.
2. Equine (horse) and Human studies in progress
3. Stout et al. American Surgeon 73 (11):1106-1110, 2007.
4. Young et al. Cell Biochem Biophys, 40(1):1-80, 2004.
5. Young et al. J Cell Molec Med 9:753-769, 2005.
6. [http://www.health.gov/dietary guidelines/dga2005/document/ html/chapter2.htm]
7. [http://www.health.gov/ dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/ html/chapter2.htm]
8. [Ann G. Harris, Esther Tuttle, Sherwood D., Tuttle; Geology of National Parks: Fifth Edition, (Iowa, Kendall/Hunt Publishing; 1997) ISBN 0-7872-5353-7]
9. Young et al., Anat. Rec. 263:350-360, 2001.
10. Young et al., Anat. Rec. 264: 51-62, 2001.
11. Young et al. Anat. Rec. 277A:178-203, 2004.
12. Young HE, Black AC Jr. Minerva Biotechnologica 17:55-63, 2005.
13. Jensen et al., Cardiovascular Revascularization Medicine 8:189-202, 2007
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.