PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

jill
03-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Any one out there that have had insurance cancelled on the pretence of another excuse other than a dx of copd

barbara
03-20-2009, 11:49 PM
I am not sure what you are asking. I do know that a member of the COPDliving forum had problems with her car insurance when she was going to go on disability. She got her doctor involved and the mess was straightened out. Is it health insurance or some other kind of insurance you are asking about?

jill
03-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Didn't explain myself very well,I;m talking about health insurance,we have small business health insurance,had it since Dec 05 never claimed till my dx of copd in Oct 07 and used it all in 08 for c-scans med;s 02 ect
Now there are saying Long term foster care for adult's with handicap's it's not a small business,it was until I started using it

barbara
03-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I would fight that one. If it's not a small business, what is it? Do you file taxes on your business? If so, I don't see where they have a leg to stand on. If you aren't really set up as a business to care for the people, can you quickly get set up? In Colorado, you can do most of the legwork yourself. You can also pay a nominal fee to a company to set the business up for you in any state. There are several reputable companies on the internet that do this. I don't have many warm and fuzzy feelings about insurance companies personally. We are in the roofing business and they complain if we tell a homeowner they have hail or wind damage. They would prefer we didn't in hopes the homeowner will not file a claim.

zee
07-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Would someone mind posting the cost of the stem cell treatment with Dr. Vina as well as the cost of other doctors offering this for COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). This information is already on this website, but it is very difficult to locate because there is no search box. Adding a search box to this site would really help a lot.

Zee
:rolleyes:

barbara
07-10-2009, 09:28 AM
We do have a search feature on this forum. You can find it on the header under the icons from our sponsors. As for cost, this can vary. I don't know of any clinic or doctor that has a "one size fits all" price. You would be wise to contact the various clinics you are interested in and see what the best price would be for your particular individualized treatment.

jnelson296
08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I am temporarily scheduled for Stem Cell Therapy with Dr. Vina in San Salvador in Sept 2009. I was quoted $18K "all inclusive".

"ALL INCLUSIVE" PACKAGES
The Treatment Centers offer an "All inclusive" Service Package which basically includes the payment of the mayority of all expenses related to the treatment and include the following:
Up to 2 days of Hospital services as may be required
Use and rights of the Operating Room for bone marrow extraction
Use and rights of the Hemodynamic Room for Stem Cells implant
Process for obtaining the stem cells for implant
Fees of medical staff involved in the proceedure, including Doctors such as anestesiolgist, hematologist, hemodinamists, clinical and others as it may be required
Necessary material for bone marrow extraction and stem cells obtaining procedure
Implant of stem cells proceedure
Implant materials
All hospital expenses including nursing, etc.
All necessary medications
Double room Hotel accomodation for up to 4 nights for person accompanying the patient and the patient itself once discharged from Hospital or Clinic about 24 hours after treatment was done
Ground transportation from Airport to Hotel and return, as well as ground transportation between Hospital or Clinic and Hotel
Most treatments require that the patient remains in the city where the Treatment Center is located for a period of 3 to 5 days, at the Clinic or Hospital and the Hotel. In some cases, such as spinal cord injury conditions and simmilar, in which it may be necessary to do stem cell culturing, the patient is required to stay close to the Treatment Center for a period of 21 days approximately. In such cases the cost of the Services Package does include Hotel accomodation cost for the full lenght of time for both the patient and accompanying person.

Expenses not included in the Services Package are:

All food and beverages taken by the accompanying person inside and outside the Hospital or Clinic
All food and beverages taken by the patient outside the Hospital or Clinic
The cost of air, sea and/or ground transportation fares from the patient?s domicile in his country of origin to the city where the Hospital or Clinic is located
Aditional rooms in excess of 1 at the Hotel for accompanying person(s) or additional nights for the patient and accompanying person(s)
Rental of portable oxygen tank or fixed oxgen tanks at Hotel. Portable oxygen tanks are not available in Argentina
Tips of any kind
Sightseeing or shopping tours
At the next page we inform about the cost of the Service Packages.

COST OF CELLULAR THERAPY TREATMENT
The cost of anytreatment may vary from patienrt to patient and may quoted to the patient or his representative once he has supplied all necessary medical information about the condition and the medical staff has approved the viability of a treatment.

"All inclusive" packages are offered including all medical/hospital fees and expenses, hotel accomodation and ground transportation between Airport and Hospital or Clinic.

All payments have to be paid in advance at least one week prior to treatment via bank transfer.

Credit card, personal checks or cash payments are not accepted.

As I recall, Dr. Zannos Grekos, a Florida cardiologist, with stem-cell therapy in the Dominican Republic charges $65 to $75K

barbara
08-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Treatments vary in cost all over the world as we all know. Dr. Steenblock, for example, charges $2500.00. Dr. Feinerman about $5000 for autologous stem cell treatment, Nepsis around $16000.00 which includes catheter infusion. Price really should be dependent on what a person is getting and how they are getting it, but right now it is whatever the market will bear it seems. There is a huge mark up in my opinion on most treatments. I would like to see more companies join ICMS so they can be evaluated. As it stands now, we hear from a few individuals who are ecstatic about treatment, but rarely hear from so many others that may or may not have had the results they desired. I think it is important to hear from them as well and it is also important to hear from those that feel they got benefit from their treatment down the road in 6-8-12 months. Early on results, can be due to a variety of things and may not last. I don't wish to be negative, but as companies charge more and more, we have to be careful and try to get the most for our money.