PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Tomorrow

Judy3
10-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm leaving tomorrow for treatment in the Dominican Republic with regenocyte and Dr. Z. Grekos.
Will keep u posted.

Judy3

danny
10-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Good luck and have a safe trip!

barbara
10-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Awesome Judy. I'll bet you are excited. I hope you will let us all know how things went.

Mysty119
10-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Great news, Judy!!!! I'm sure you are excited!!!! Best of everything to you!!!!

barbara
10-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I asked Judy if she could twist Dr. Grekos' arm to host an Ask the Doctor session. I wish her success in this mission and of course in her own quest.

karl wagner
10-27-2008, 06:09 AM
your in good hands good luck.

barbara
10-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Karl, Feel like giving us an update? Thanks.

karl wagner
10-28-2008, 07:46 AM
love to , All is well. I feel great and have a normal life again. I take kids to school every morning work all day and I'm tired when i get home but not from ph. My last echo at Dr. Grekkos's office showed almost normal heart pressures. I have an appointment at the mayo on the sixth and hope to be normal although I'm going on ten months now so it's getting late to see more improvement. Once I get these results i get them to Dr. G and we make our final plan for the second treatment targeting the copd. My fev is 75%.

Looking back I got better cardio flow. My heart was enlarging and it snapped back into shape. On the echo report it said eccentric remodeling. All palpitations have stopped and it beats slower and stronger grew a little hair on my bald spot on my head and marked improvement in one eye that i have macular degeneration in. Again I think that was from better blood flow. Also my arthritis in my hands is gone i can't explain that . I'm mentally stronger, no depression and a fog has lifted. I'll be amazed it i get this kind of result from the copd treatment........Karl

karl wagner
10-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey judy
if you don't already know try to find out what kind of cells your getting and how many

barbara
10-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Karl - Do you know when you might get treatment for your COPD? You sound like you are really improving and will knock the socks off your doctors when they see you. Way to go!

Judy3
10-29-2008, 04:34 PM
I am in the Dominican Republic. Had my treatment yesterday. The price is worth it. They are not making a killing with all the services that were provided. Will explain at a later date to Barbara.
Karl, I had 18,480,000 stem cells.
Barbara, Dr. Grekos said he would be happy to be part of ask the DR. I told him u had tried to reach him but to no avail. As he told me, he never got the word from you.

Judy3
Had treatment yesterday

barbara
10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Great to hear from you Judy. I wish I was there. The Dominican Republic holds some very fond vacation memories for me. If you can, please ask him what is the best way for me to get in touch with him. We are all pleased to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to let us know you are okay. You know everyone is rooting for you.

Judy3
10-30-2008, 05:37 AM
Barbara- Will contact u when I get home (probably over the weekend). Don't like this computer.
Karl- Yanely said to tell u "Hello" She is a lovely person.
She had a car wreck on Monday, but she was OK. Now using a rented Car.
I'll call u when I get back to the states.

Judy3:)

barbara
11-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Received from Judy:

I am very pleased with the whole procedure with Dr. Greckos.
The week before my procedure, I went to Bonita Springs, FL at 5AM for a blood draw. (approx. a pint.)
a courier took my blood to Miami to meet a plane and my blood was flown to Israel where several (5-6) were cloned into 14,180,000 lung stem cells. the following Sunday I flew to Santo Domingo where I was met by a guide. A very delightful person and we will remain friends. On Tuesday we picked up the stem cells at the airport and at 4PM checked into the hospital. Had already been introduced to the head cardiologist DR. when they drew more blood earlier in the day. Dr. Greckos had flown to Dominican Republic on Monday and arrived and we were ready to go. The procedure was a piece of cake and I talked with the Dr. thru it all.
A catheter was inserted in my groin and up to lungs. A vial of stem cells was injected in each lobe of my lungs. went back to ICU/Recovery Room for a couple hours and then went back to hotel. Flew home on Thursday. The Dr. did many tests previous to the procedure and will do several tests at one month, 3 months and 6 months (all tests are included in price)
I know he is expensive but they are not making a killing. I am an RN and feel if you can afford it, this is the way to go. Not only did he loose 3 days of his practice, he flew to the Dominican.

Judy3

jpfarm
11-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Judy, Best of luck on your procedure, keep us updated.

Karl, sounds like you have seen a lot of the same benifits that I have, eyes and pain in the joints (arthritis). Haven't had any success with my Bald Spot, but will now add this to my wish list. Good luck with your COPD treatment.

JP

Judy3
01-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I had my 3 month PFTs done yesterday and everything is looking good. I see Dr. Grekos Feb. 6th for my results. the tech told me what my difussion was and I am bursting to share it with u all. But I think I should talk with Dr. Grekos first and hear it from him before I make any claims. iT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Judy

Had tx for IPF Oct, 28th, 2008

barbara
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Sure Judy, Go ahead and make us suffer! Seriously, it sounds like good news and I will be looking forward to hearing what you found out. I am very happy for you.

jpfarm
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Judy,

So glad to hear things are working out so well, can't wait to hear your final news. I just had an additional treatment (autogolous) and am now in the wiaitng game, Dr. has follow up test schedule for me to see results (won't be until at least May.

Keep us posted.

jpfarm

ericbramwell
02-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I sure like Dr. Z. I hope to be going very soon myself for my CTEPH. I can't wait to hear your numbers!

Judy3
02-09-2009, 07:43 PM
As a reminder, I have Pulmonary Fibrosis. Have had it for 10 years, which is unusal. Most folks don't make it 5 years, let alone 10. I had Cancer, after my diagonosis and I feel the chemo put the fibrosis in remissiom for a few years and that is why I have made it 10 years.
I had Stem Cells to my lungs on Oct. 28, 2008, in the dominican Republic, with regenocyte.
Friday I had my 3 month checkup, with DR. Grekos and for the first time in 10 years my PFTs were better and not worse.
My pulse is slower, my memory is better and I no longer have cramps in my fingers and toes
as Dr. told me we probably will not cure the fibrosis but we are hoping to stop the progression. He said in another 5 or ten years when I need a touch up, he hopes that it can be done in the USA and insurance will cover it.
I am very pleased so far, as the cells don't even begin to rebuild new lung tissue until 3 to 6 months.
That's my story so far:

Judy:D

barbara
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Judy - Do you know the cause of your fibrosis or is it unknown? Glad to hear you are making progress. Stopping the progression is a huge step in the right direction.

karl wagner
02-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Judy , needless to say i am so happy for you . I don't fully understand fibrosis I've never really studied it but I'm super glad your doing better. My story was pulmonary hypertension and copd. the ph was 99% cured in three months maybe two . At my nine month check up i had a small increase in pressure but i think it was my weight gain .Three years of heavy gravity pushing me into the couch put on about thirty pounds. I think it was a pulmonary problem by it self.Anyway thats under control now and i feel great . At 9 month point zannos said the cells had done 98% of there work and were playing out .The point I'm trying to make is a lot of my symptoms overlap and i just keep feeling better.I've dropped all drugs including rivadio, cartaziam, spariva , and seravent. I still take the supplements and eat really healthy. I,m broccoli and Green tea's worst nightmare. I don't now if it was eating better or the final kick of the cells that gave me the ability to to finally drop the drugs. Maybe both. But i thought dropping the inhalers at the one year mark was good stuff. So keep taking care of your self and the cells should work longer. I do want to say say i still sleep and exercise with o2 @2l....Karl

barbara
02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Karl, It is always a good day when I can read posts like yours. How bad was your COPD prior to treatment? What lpm was your O2 usage at prior? I have been advised by almost every doctor that I am in contact with to eat broccoli so I guess there at least is consensus on that amongst them all. I see it offered more and more at restaurants and always order it when available to replace fries and other not so valuable food sources. I have to laugh however, because my mom who is turning 89 next week and has no health problems hates broccoli just about as much as she hates exercising. You just never know, but in my case, I can't afford not to try whatever is recommended. Does Dr. Grekos feel that the progression is entirely stopped? It sounds like it to me from what you have written.

karl wagner
02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
hey Barbara, like i said it was really hard to distinguish what symptoms went with what problem but i was told by my mayo Dr to were o2 24/7. but i would sneak around the house and had to much pride to wear it to work and sat would stay in low 90's and if i walked to the car they drop to mid 80's(Real Estate development company and some other companies i own that i just did not fell i could lead people straped to an o2 tank all with extremely high testosterone environments. I had just enough energy to make it to five o'clock and the tractor beam on the couch sucked me in. That was usually went i really went to work at my home office.But as far as symptoms go ,all the chest pressure heart palpitations and the real severe fatigue has gone in two or three months I had some ,i really don't know what to call it other than crunchiness on the inside of my lungs also there was a slight bit of can't get a whole breath but all thats gone the only thing left is when i get on the treadmill I'm 96 to 97 and in about one minute 45 seconds i start dropping into my 80's so i have to were o2 when i exercise . I work around the house but don't really strain myself to much.I just kind of take it easy.I think it just takes a little more time for the lung to heal as apposed to the arteries. Just to many kinds of cells to complex of an organ and you probable need a cell that can turn into the different cells they haven't even found yet to completely heal a lung.I certainly don't know but I understand a better diet helps but i don't know why it helped me get rid of the inhalers at such a late stage. I've got a check up with mayo next week and sc Dr in a month my one year deal so I'll keep posting...karl

Fran
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I had my 3 month PFTs done yesterday and everything is looking good. I see Dr. Grekos Feb. 6th for my results. the tech told me what my difussion was and I am bursting to share it with u all. But I think I should talk with Dr. Grekos first and hear it from him before I make any claims. iT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Judy

Had tx for IPF Oct, 28th, 2008

Judy....I read your most recent post and was hoping you might mention what the tech told you about your diffusion.....my friend and I both have poor diffusion % 18% and below...so a treatment that can actually increase diffusion is very exciting....thanks Fran

danny
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
THey are doing simliar treatment it appears as Dr Grekos. But in trials in the US now.
http://www.c3bs.com/corporate-overview.asp